Usage of Double data type

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sumesh.abraham
Participant

Usage of Double data type

Post by sumesh.abraham »

Hi,

I am converting a server job into a parallel job. The server job has a column which is defined as Double with length 25. the target is Oracle table where the corresponding data type is Varchar 25. When I used the same data type definition in parallel job, I was getting the value for some records in the Oracle table as xxxxE+2. So I used a varchar 25 in the paralel job to avoid that to be in sync with the data in server job's output. But I am getting extra precision in the value now.

e.g: server job write 101.5814 whereas the parallel job writes as 101.58141. What data type should I define in this case? Please suggest.
sumesh.abraham
Participant

Post by sumesh.abraham »

hi all,

I had a workaround. I used the Fix function with precision 5 to round off to 5 positions. This reduced the number of discrepancies with the values significantly as comapred to output by server job which uses a Double data type. Could anyone who converted a server job to parallel face such an issue? What is the corresponding data type that we can use in a parallel job when the server job uses a Double. My target column in Oracle table is Varchar though.

Appreciate any inputs on this.