Capture Ora Error in the reject link

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dsscholar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Capture Ora Error in the reject link

Post by dsscholar »

Hello,

My job requirement is to insert data in Oracle database. In case any of the records is rejected, it should be captured in the reject file/table, irrespective of the reason, along with the Oracle Error Code and Message.

I was trying to use Oracle Enterprise Stage, but it I attach a reject link to it, it gives following compilation error:

"Error: Reject Link 'Oracle_Enterprise_25.DSLink20' is not allowed with the current setting (or lack) of the 'Write Method' property"

I don't see the output reject records option in the enterprise stage.

However if I try to use the Oracle Connector. I am able to compile the job but it doesn't reject the record. As soon it encouters a Null it aborts giving the Ora Code 01400 - rejected records are not written in the reject file.

I have tried setting the array size to 1. I also tried to specify the Ora Codes in APT_ORA_REJECT_CODES environment variable. But that environment variables is also not available in my project.

Any guidance/help is much appreciated.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What's the value of the Write Method property?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dsscholar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsscholar »

I changed the write method to upsert and then could see the output reject option. I set it to true and was able to capture the records in reject file.

But if the write method is changed to upsert then how will the dupes be captured? Can someone please throw some light on this.

I can capture dupes earlier, but just wanted to know if there was some better way.

Thanks!