Environment issues in 8.0.1

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

India2000
Participant

Environment issues in 8.0.1

Post by India2000 »

Hi,

I have an issue related to communication resources in one of the jobs that I'm running on DS 8.0.1. as a result the sequencer fails. Is it related to configuration file?? Can I change the configuration file as of now it has 2 nodes and if its yes how? is it thro the manager-> tools->configuration?
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

Its most probably related to network problem. Can you post the complete error message.Regarding configuration file change, you can do it either from datastage designer GUI or from Unix.
Arvind
India2000
Participant

Post by India2000 »

Here are some error messages..let me know what do i have to doehre

APT_CombinedOperatorController(2),0: Fatal Error: Unable to allocate communication resources
node_node1: Player 5 terminated unexpectedly.
main_program: APT_PMsectionLeader(1, node1), player 5 - Unexpected exit status 1.
node_node1: Player 6 terminated unexpectedly.
main_program: APT_PMsectionLeader(1, node1), player 6 - Unexpected exit status 1.
node_node1: Player 15 terminated unexpectedly.
main_program: APT_PMsectionLeader(1, node1), player 15 - Unexpected exit status 1.
node_node1: Player 17 terminated unexpectedly.
main_program: APT_PMsectionLeader(1, node1), player 17 - Unexpected exit status 1.
node_node1: Player 20 terminated unexpectedly.
main_program: APT_PMsectionLeader(2, node2), player 9 - Unexpected exit status 1.
X_XX_Initiate,1: Failure during execution of operator logic.
JNLO_NdcUpcHri,1: Failure during execution of operator logic.
JNLO_NdcUpcHri,1: Input 0 consumed 0 records.
Input 1 consumed 0 records.
JNLO_XXXX,1: Output 0 produced 0 records.
JNLO_XXXX,1: Fatal Error: waitForWriteSignal(): Premature EOF on node dcdedsa1 Socket operation on non-socket
X_XX_Initiate,1: Input 0 consumed 357 records.
X_XX_Initiate,1: Fatal Error: Null value on the accessor interfacing to field "XXXXXXX".

Thanks
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

Try with APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION to true.

DS User
India2000
Participant

Post by India2000 »

Where exactly do I need to make this change? could you pls elaborate ?

Thanks,
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

Add Environment variable and make it as true.

DS User
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

Check the file system space on all the mentioned nodes above.It looks like you are running short of space.
Arvind
India2000
Participant

Post by India2000 »

If its a problem with speace on the file system how can i resolve it?

I have the same project with other name runnin on the same config file..It doesn't have any prbm there..What could be the reason for it?
arvind_ds
Participant

Post by arvind_ds »

Assuming that you are running short of space across file systems, What should you do?You ask yourself and you will get the answer.

Regarding other sentence you have written, it is not clear.Try to explain in full.
Arvind
Pacific007
Participant

Re: Environment issues in 8.0.1

Post by Pacific007 »

India2000 wrote:Hi,

I have an issue related to communication resources in one of the jobs that I'm running on DS 8.0.1. as a result the sequencer fails. Is it related to configuration file?? Can I change the configuration file as of now it has 2 nodes and if its yes how? is it thro the manager-> tools->configuration?
Change to config file for this particular job and use that for this job for other jobs and project use or original config file, as you are facing file space problem.
Pacific
India2000
Participant

Post by India2000 »

I tried with APT_DISABLE_COMBINATION to true. Initially the job was failing in the beginning itself after using this variable the job aborts from the second half after a few stages. Pls let me know how can I resolev this..Again the director log throws similar error that I used to get previously without this variable.. I appreciate if somebody helps me to resolve this issue.

Thanks in adv
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

1) Is this the message id DSEE-TFIO-00153 you got in Director?

2) IS this fails all the time / randomly?

3) Any other jobs / profiling is running at that time?

DS User