Disappearing connection parameters in SCD stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

evee1
Premium Member
Premium Member

Disappearing connection parameters in SCD stage

Post by evee1 »

Hi,

I'm using SCD stage for the first time (previously I used Change Capture and Transformer to implement dimensions load).

I am on version 8.5 with FP1 installed and having problem with disappearing connection parameters when I'm definining the DB seduence to be used for for generation of Surrogate Key.
This happens in the Surrogate Key tab on the lookup Input link of the SCD stage. When I enter the parameters (Source name, User name, Server name, etc) I can see them in the window. I can save the job and it runs correctly. I can also see them in the exported XML file.
However when I reopen the SCD stage definition window, the parameters are no longer visible in the Surrogate Key tab. If I change the name of the sequence the connection details get reset and after exporting the job I cannot see them in XML file.
The connection details and sequence name also is dropped if I make a copy of the job (the copy doesn't have it any more).

Has anyone had a similar problem? Should I contact our IBM support?