Issue In Reading and Inserting CLOB Column

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mac4rfree85
Participant

Issue In Reading and Inserting CLOB Column

Post by mac4rfree85 »

Hi Guys,

I need to read a clob column and load it to Target Table.

I am using Oracle Stage and used the Datatype as LongVarChar.

When i gave empty string to Length i was able to read the CLOB column and load it successfully to a file.
But when i tried to replace the file to the Target table, i am not able to load the table. Even in the target i gave Empty string to Length.

Following is the error i got from Director.,

Code: Select all

Inserted value too large for column, row rejected.
Can somebody help me.

Cheers!!!!!
Mac4rfree
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Make sure that the receiving field is large enough for the data you're sending to it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
mac4rfree85
Participant

Post by mac4rfree85 »

ray.wurlod wrote:Make sure that the receiving field is large enough for the data you're sending to it. ...
Yeah Ray, i gave 999999999 as Length. It failed with Abnormal Termination Error.

One more thing i forgot to mention. I created two similar jobs. One in parallel and one in server with same metadata.

Server job is atleast able to read the CLOB column whereas Parallel job is not even able to read the CLOB column.

Is parallel job will not be able to handle CLOB columns???
Mac4rfree