SetNull - CFF Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vijaykumarpj
Participant

SetNull - CFF Stage

Post by vijaykumarpj »

Hi,

I am not able to SetNull in the derivation of transformer, to the target column with CFF as Target. In which, I need to pass the Null field value as 'Low Values'(/x00) in the extended properties of the column, by setting the Nullablity to 'YES'. When, the Job is compiled, the nullablity of the target column is reverting to 'NO' and compiling sucessfully. Then, the job gets Aborts, when we Run the Job.

However, I have achieved the above requirement in the sequential file, by changing the property of the sequential file to Mainframe Cobol Format and following the above process for setting null.

Could you please help me to achieve this in CFF.
Thanks,
VJ.
vijaykumarpj
Participant

Post by vijaykumarpj »

Could you please help me out ?
Thanks,
VJ.
vijaykumarpj
Participant

Post by vijaykumarpj »

We cannot perform this operation in the CFF Stage, instead of this make use of the sequential stage, write as a mainframe cobol format, in the properties tab, wherever, we need the low values, need to pass Setnull () from the transformer, before this Seq stage and then, pass the default null field values as /x00/x00.. depending on the length of the field.

Please, let me know if you need any additional details.
Thanks,
VJ.