Teradata connector issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dr.murthy
Participant

Teradata connector issue

Post by dr.murthy »

Hi ,, when am trying to load the data into teradata DB, through the teradata connector stage i got a below fatal error;

ins_FCT_RETS_EXCEPTION_RECEIVING,0: RDBMS code 3737: Name requires more than 30 bytes in LATIN internal form. SQL statement: INSERT INTO YY_VIEWSD.FCT_RETS_EXCEPTION_RECEIVING(SEQ_ID,ROW_ADD_STP,ROW_ADD_USER_ID,ROW_UPDATE_USER_ID,ROW_UPDATE_STP,ITEM_ID,WAREHOUSE_ID,ERECNO,LOT,RECTO,QTY,REASON,REMARK,CN,APPROVED,ARESULT,UP,INVNO,SONO,CAT,EROPR0,EROPR1,ER0,ER1,DELETE_FLAG) VALUES(:SEQ_ID,:ROW_ADD_STP,:ROW_ADD_USER_ID,:ROW_UPDATE_USER_ID,:ROW_UPDATE_STP,:ITEM_ID,:WAREHOUSE_ID,:ERECNO,:LOT,:RECTO,:QTY,:REASON,:REMARK,:CN,:APPROVED,:ARESULT,:UP,:INVNO,:SONO,:CAT,:EROPR0,:EROPR1,:ER0,:ER1,:DELETE_FLAG) (CC_TeraParallelTransporter::initiate, file CC_TeraParallelTransporter.cpp, line 1,248).

could any one help me to resolve this
D.N .MURTHY
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You've illegally specified one or more identifier names containing more than 30 characters, directly or indirectly. Note that it may be in a different table, for example the Teradata sync table.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dr.murthy
Participant

Post by dr.murthy »

Thanks for responding ray, but table name is same when i insert records manullay using insert statement its working fine
D.N .MURTHY
bcarlson
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bcarlson »

When you use bulk mode, DS will create a set of utility tables to track progress, just like Teradata would do if you wrote a MultiLoad or FastLoad script - log table, 1 or 2 error tables and a work table.

My recollection is that DS will use the target table name and append '_L' or '_LOG' at the end. It will do the same for the work and error tables. If your target table is 28 characters long, and DS is attempting to append more than 2 characters to that name to create its utilitiy tables, then you have exceeded the 30 character limit that Teradata imposes.

You can manuually insert records via SQL because you are not creating any of these utiltiy tables.

Best practice with the Teradata Connector is to always excplicitly specify the utility table names. That way you have complete control over where they go (the target database) adn teh table names that will be used.

I would also recommend having the DBAs create a utility database for you so that your Sync tables and your utility tables can be put in the same location, kept separate from yoru actual processing/target databases.

Brad.
It is not that I am addicted to coffee, it's just that I need it to survive.