Data not passing through link

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kogads
Premium Member
Premium Member

Data not passing through link

Post by kogads »

Hello all,

I am doing a lookup on input data from a file with a Oracle Enterprise stage. When i view data in oracle enterprise stage i am able to see rows returned. But when i run the job no records were passed through the reference link which is coming from the oracle Enterprise stage.The job ran fine during some of the initial runs(passing rows on the reference link). But after that, its giving this problem. I tried force compiling the job.But, the result is the same.

Any inputs are appreciated.

Thanks
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Data not passing through link

Post by SURA »

Any error message?
kogads
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by kogads »

No error messages...I have put a Lookup Fail to reject..and all input records were rejected..
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by SURA »

Might be the Data quality!!

Try it using Join stage.

DS User
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What is the data type of the lookup key field(s) on both inputs? Are strings identically trimmed? Cased?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

All view data working means is it can read the table, the fact that all lookups fail (and are thus rejected) means your key values are not matching... hence Ray's query.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
nbalegar
Participant

Post by nbalegar »

May be the records are not matching with the oracle stages so all the records are getting rejected. If i am not wrong the reference link will display the matched record count. if there is no match so u are getting 0 in reference link. try monitoring the job from director or put a copy stage in between the oracle---copy--lookup... just see how many records are coming from the oracle to copy stage in link