LastRowInGroup corrupts non-key fields

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ecote
Participant

LastRowInGroup corrupts non-key fields

Post by ecote »

When using the LastRowInGroup function, the data in the non-key fields get corrupted with control characters.

At first I thought it was an input data quality issue but I was even able to reproduce the problem with a RowGenerator stage.

The job I used to reproduce the problem is very simple:
RowGenerator (2 key fields, 1 non-key field) -> Transformer (with a sort on the 2 key fields; running in sequential mode like all other stages) -> a sequential file stage.

The function is called on the primary key field (first field).

I only get corruption after ~200,000 groups and no corruption is found when I remove the function.

Is anybody aware of this problem? I opened a PMR with IBM and will post the solution if found...

Thanks
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

No - I haven't seen that - but what release are you on exactly?
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
ecote
Participant

Post by ecote »

asorrell wrote:No - I haven't seen that - but what release are you on exactly?
On version 8.5
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you installed Fix Pack 1? There are lots of things fixed in this. (You can read what they are at Information Center, you can download FP1 from Fix Central.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ecote
Participant

Post by ecote »

I'm aware of FP1 but did not find anything related to this in the release notes. I'll wait for IBM's response and post here.
ecote
Participant

Post by ecote »

IBM confirmed this is a bug... Waiting for solution. I will post it once received
ecote
Participant

Post by ecote »

For those interested, IBM's patch is JR39963 (currently not available for 8.5.1 but just for 8.5). The patch for 8.5.1 will be available later this year.