DataSatge Backup

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

chandra.shekhar@tcs.com
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataSatge Backup

Post by chandra.shekhar@tcs.com »

Dear Team,

As a best practice we would like to have regular datastage project backup using unix script.

we are using AIX 6X.

Kindly provide me backup script else command for the same.

Thanks and regards,
Kishor
jwiles
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jwiles »

The Administration Guide for Information Server provides details on what to backup. Keep in mind that as you are running version 8.0 or higher, you not only have to backup your project directories in Unix, you should also be backing up the xmeta repository at the same time.

How you perform your backup is up to you. Tar will work for unix files so long as you have properly shutdown Information Server. Use whatever method is appropriate for your xmeta database server. I suggest that you work with the local system administrators to setup a backup method and schedule which will meet any established corporate guidelines.

In the Administration Guide, Look for the section on how to backup and restore Information Server for details.

Regards,
- james wiles

All generalizations are false, including this one - Mark Twain.
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

(I know this works for 8.1, not sure abotu 8.0...)

If you want to export your project, you can do this:

(your install path ....)/IBM/InformationServer/Clients/istools/cli/istool export -domain ${DOMAIN}:9080 -verbose -username ${USER} -password ${PW} -archive ${FILENAME}.isx -datastage "${ENGINE}/${DP}/*/*.*" > ${FILENAME}.log

DP being the DataStage Project name.

Find the documentation about the istool. Your ISX files can be a means of recovering the CODE, but it does not back up: environment variables (dsparms file), execution metadata, user written scripts, etc...