Can we read Metadata Dynamically...

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

krishna14
Participant

Can we read Metadata Dynamically...

Post by krishna14 »

1) i have a case where i have to read the metadata dynamically ..Is it Possible in DS ..???

2) I have a scenario where 100 records that are coming into Transformer and output of it is meeting my selection cretreia and getting out 75 records but i want to pick 25 records out of those 75 out randomly .how can i achieve the process ...????Please help me with the issue.

Thanks for all your inputs and I appreciate your help.....
krishna
SURA
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Can we read Metadata Dynamically...

Post by SURA »

1. Use RCP.

2. Are you going to have only 100 records at all time?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If these columns are coming from a database, generate the SELECT statement dynamically by reading a sample of column names for that table from the system table (the name of which will be something like SYSCOLUMNS or ALL_COLUMNS).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
krishna14
Participant

Post by krishna14 »

Sura ...Thanks For the info .but RCP is used when the Metadata is loded at least in on Source stage ...but my req: is with loading the Metadata in Source Stage Can we call the Metadata in to the source Dynamically and to propagate to next stage ...is it possible in DS ..????

2) Number of records will be varying ,but i need 25 records loded to my target ...

Ray....can u please eloborate ,and more over it is not from Database we r reading from Files ....
krishna
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No. My response was predicated on use of a database. There are no "system tables" for text files. If you do have these (for example schema files) you could adopt a similar approach.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.