Difference Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

JJayadeep
Participant

Difference Stage

Post by JJayadeep »

I have two tables BEFORE and AFTER both of them have 4 columns

EQT_NAME
HUB_CODE
LOCATION_CODE
OS_TURN_TIME

I want to know what is the difference between 2 tables in terms of data content so I am using the Difference stage. In the difference stage I have put
EQT_NAME
HUB_CODE
LOCATION_CODE
as composite keys and validating the information. As per documentation there is a difference code which has 4 values 0,1,2 and 3 to identify Delete, Copy, Insert,, Update

But the datastage job is giving a problem when there are more rows in the AFTER table which are not there in BEFORE table because the AFTER table data is not moving to the OUTPUT. The output stage mapping just has BEFORE table columns showing up in the mapping panel. In the documentation it is given that the tool can identify inserts which I think is extra rows in AFTER table that are not present in BEFORE table.

Thanks
pragb
Participant

Re: Difference Stage

Post by pragb »

Can you use change capture stage for this because this will also give you the changes you are looking for...
JJayadeep
Participant

Re: Difference Stage

Post by JJayadeep »

Yes the CDC worked and that I already had implemented, I was just trying to see what is the basic difference between Change Capture and Difference Stage because as per the document both of them provide the same output
fmou
Participant

Post by fmou »

This topic has been marked "Resolved."
I was just trying to see what is the basic difference between Change Capture and Difference Stage
So have you found out yet?

thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

They don't provide the same output. Look at the other fields that are output, rather than focusing only on the ChangeCode.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
JJayadeep
Participant

Post by JJayadeep »

Yes from what i have tested the difference stage just compares the BEFORE and AFTER file and is capable of determining the changes that have happened only for the BEFORE file.

Thanks,
Jayadeep