Change APT_DUMP_SCORE value at job level

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

DIVIHN
Premium Member
Premium Member

Change APT_DUMP_SCORE value at job level

Post by DIVIHN »

Hi

I want to change the APT_DUMP_SCORE value at job level instead of project level.

APT_DUMP_SCORE set to True at project level i want to set False for only one job.

Is there any way I can override APT_DUMP_SCORE value?

Thanks
Man
aakashahujaacc
Participant

Post by aakashahujaacc »

Yup. Include the variable in your job, and change the value at runtime (though dsjob or manually, if running yourself).

In v8, you can also create separate parameter sets with intended values and use those parameter sets in your jobs as per your requirement.

hope it helps.

cheers
aakash
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Same answer for any of the APT environment variables. There are several that you should be doing this with in every job so you have the option to change them at runtime if needed. Don't have a list off the top of my head any more but APT_DUMP_SCORE and APT_CONFIG_FILE come to mind...
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
DIVIHN
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by DIVIHN »

Thanks f. I did it I have set APT_DUMP_SCORE at Job level but still the job using project level value.

Since our jobs are called from Job Sequence and triggered by Control-M.

Thanks
pandeesh
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by pandeesh »

DIVIHN wrote:Since our jobs are called from Job Sequence and triggered by Control-M.
My understanding is ,your sequence have many jobs In which,for some jobs you want to set APT_DUMP_SCORE to false and for some jobs you want to set true.

Am i correct?
pandeeswaran
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

DIVIHN wrote:I did it I have set APT_DUMP_SCORE at Job level but still the job using project level value.
You add it to the job and then override the value in the job itself to be True via the Director.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers