SCD Stage-Warnings

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jyothisdasms
Participant

SCD Stage-Warnings

Post by jyothisdasms »

Hi,

I am trying to implement SCD2 using the SCD stage.
My source tables are like

1.table_XX
2.table_XX_History.

I am using the history table(table_XX) as the reference I am trying to find out the modified/New records.But for the first run when the history table is empty ,i am getting the warnings like "Lookup table is empty, no further warnings will be issued".But once its getting loaded am not getting this.

Can anyone help me out in this?

Is it possible to track the deleted recs history using the scd stage?
" Dream like you will live forever, live like you will die today."
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This is simply a message to alert you that the reference (dimension) table is empty. That could mean referential integrity problems in an underlying star schema. You could demote the warning to informational for the first load, then remove the warning from the message handler once there's some rows on the reference input.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rameshv
Participant

scd stage

Post by rameshv »

First time run the job no records in scd stage reference table, then second run on the job the records load into reference table.shoud scd stage reference table in create mode
jyothisdasms
Participant

Post by jyothisdasms »

Hi,

I solved the issue by adding some dummy data when there is no rows in the history table.
Now i am getting the output ,when there is a change in the existing records(update) in the history table and if any new records(insert) are coming from the master table.
Is there any way to find out the records which exist in history(dimension) table and which is not in source table.I would like to mark it as expired when it is not coming from source.
" Dream like you will live forever, live like you will die today."
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The SCD stage should do that if you've marked it as Type2.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.