Environmental variable clarification

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kiran0435
Participant

Environmental variable clarification

Post by kiran0435 »

My development server contains a user defined environmental variable CC_MSG_LEVEL which was by default set to 1. It caused me problem in some loading data so I set it to 0 and jobs are running fine.

But my production server doesn't contain this variable. How to add this variable in that environment.

(By logging into Administrator client I am able to modify the user defined Environment variables, Can i add directly there?? If so how does the engine know that particular variable is intended for that specific action??)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can add it there. Its existence is sufficient cue for the engine.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kiran0435
Participant

Post by kiran0435 »

Thanks ray... :)

Where can I get information regarding user defined variables.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Press F1 while you're on that Administrator client screen. That will also tell you which manual the information is in.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.