Error with DB2 Connector stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

suneelchallagali
Participant

Error with DB2 Connector stage

Post by suneelchallagali »

Hi,

We are using db2 v9.5 client and trying to connect to remote db2 z/os database server which is db2 v9.1.when we are trying to insert the data into db2 z/os system using db2 connector stage by i am having following error message

"DB2_NIL_EXP_SUSP,0: [IIS-CONN-DB2-000004] DB2 function SQLConnect failed: SQLSTATE = 08001: Native Error Code = -1,013: Msg = [IBM][CLI Driver] SQL1013N The database alias name or database name "Z1U2" could not be found. SQLSTATE=42705 (CC_DB2Connection::connect, file CC_DB2Connection.cpp, line 644)"

When i am trying to reterive the data from db2 using db2 connector, i am able to do it successfully, even when i am tying to connect to the db2 through unix command, i am able to connect and perform select, insert operations. I have also configured the catalog for db2 database.

I have search the form and saw few posts mentioning similar kind of error message but the solution which they provided is to catalog the database, which i have already did it.please suggest me what steps i am missing

thank you,
suneel
thanks,
suneel
debrujr
Participant

Post by debrujr »

Try looking into your APT Configuration File. I have seen similar symptoms caused by an ill written config.
suneelchallagali
Participant

Thank you for your replay debrujr, i have checked the config file we are using 2 nodes config file, i have ran the job with single node it ran successfully, later i have realised that we have catalog the db2 database only on one server but not on all other servers, then i have catalog the db2 database on all the server now i can run the job succesfully with 2 nodes or more nodes configuration. Now issue has been resolved partially. till now i am insert the data into db2 database using custom define SQL which is running successfully, but when i tried to used system define insert i am getting following error message

"DB2_NIL_EXP_SUSP: [IIS-CONN-DAAPI-000391] Unexpected character found at offset 7 parsing table name Z1TJ111$.NIL_EXP_SUSP (CC_DBTableNameParser::getNextToken, file /builds/IS_8_1_FP1_B5/Common_Connectors/Build_Current/CC_Common/DAAPI/build/include/ccl/connector/CC_DBTableNameParser.inl, line 199)"

I am not able to figure it why this error message is poping up.please suggest me

Note: job is working fine with user define sql but not with system generated insert option.

thank you,
suneel
thanks,
suneel
debrujr
Participant

Post by debrujr »

It would seem that you are having a problem with your table name but then again the errors can be misleading. Please give us some more insight as to what the variables are set to and exactly what you are doing. Write Mode ? Generate SQL? Table Action?

From what I think is going on you could do a write mode of bulk load which will generate it for you and then use a table action of append. This is on the assumption that the columns are named accordingly and DS will not have issues matching up metadata.
suneelchallagali
Participant

Hi debrujr,

we had chat with IBM guys, they said auto generated SQL wont work with DB2 connector stage while trying to connect to DB2 z/os system, still there is some work around is going on with them reagrding this issue, so they have suggested to use user define sql statement for mean while.

Still we have open the PMR which IBM guys!!
thanks,
suneel