SQL1390C The environment variable DB2INSTANCE is not defined

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Billyqing
Participant

SQL1390C The environment variable DB2INSTANCE is not defined

Post by Billyqing »

Hi All,

I have installed IS 8.5 with one error occurred during the installation.
com.ibm.is.install.exception.InstallException: CDIIN4358E: DB2 could not be started: db2start returned an exit code of -1.
I let the installation go through. But when I login to my workstation, an error in the title pop-out.

Can anyone help me to fix this error?

Thanks in advance.
Bill
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Set DB2INSTANCE environment variable.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Billyqing
Participant

Post by Billyqing »

Hi Ray,

It looks like DB2instance variable has set as DB2 and I can see the instance appearing in the DB2 database tree structure.

The error just pops up when I first log in the workstation. It has not stopped my working so far.

I modified DB2intance variable name a few times to try getting ride of the error, but it still not working.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Bill
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have you re-booted after changing the environment variable? Often this is required on Windows systems.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.