Hadoop - Jaql - Pig [Big Insights]

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

debrujr
Participant

Hadoop - Jaql - Pig [Big Insights]

Post by debrujr »

I found an older thread that mentioned hadoop but not really much info. Looking at a solution of blue's big data and wanted to see what kind of hurdles I am looking at as far as getting DS to extract/load data to it. Still in the early early stages but trying to understand how it will all fit togethar. I looked through the operators [8.5 and 8.1] and didn't see one specific for it so I am assuming a generic stage or leveraging our ESB through a service? Just wanted to check in to see how many of you guys use it and how. Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Hadoop is really about unstructured data. There's little (nothing?) been developed about having DataStage interact with it. There might be something announced at IOD 2011 in October.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
debrujr
Participant

Post by debrujr »

Sounds on par with my assumptions.
stewarthanna
Participant

Post by stewarthanna »

debrujr wrote:Sounds on par with my assumptions. I was told it was integrated but no surprise that it isn't. It sounds like an interesting concept but to me it's just more languages to learn.... Maybe I will hear about it at IOD :twisted:
Big Data in short is a new kind of data problem (and opportunity) not something that exists off on its own and its becoming an integral part of the Enterprise Data Architecture & Landscape. With that in mind Integration on many levels across the environment is critical to leveraging this new domain of information and platform capabilities. This is a key aspect of the value IBM brings to the market for customers looking to leverage Big Data.

Send me a note, sbhanna@us.ibm.com, and we can discuss your requirements and what's available today and then we can figure how best to help you.
Stewart
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Welcome to DSXChange Stewart.

Honestly glad to see that you peek in here from time to time.
stewarthanna
Participant

Post by stewarthanna »

Oh I've been around for a while.....but only so many hours in the day to multi-task.
Stewart