implementation of SCD Type 2 with timestamp

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

harish841913
Participant

implementation of SCD Type 2 with timestamp

Post by harish841913 »

hi i want to implement scd type 2 with timestamp in my project i have 3 modules like claims,capitation,duncan and i have to load it into Sybase ODS.

I NEEDonly to append the data into ods so can i use 3 scd jobs or i have to use scd jobs dependent on each table.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Are you asking if you can build generic jobs per module using something like the SCD stage, schema files and/or RCP rather than specific jobs per table? What does "I need only to append the data into ods" mean? To me that doesn't sound very type-2-like. :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
harish841913
Participant

Post by harish841913 »

chulett wrote:Are you asking if you can build generic jobs per module using something like the SCD stage, schema files and/or RCP rather than specific jobs per table? What does "I need only to append the data into ods" mean? To me that doesn't sound very type-2-like. :?

Yes chulett
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

How about an answer for the second question.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
harish841913
Participant

Post by harish841913 »

chulett wrote:How about an answer for the second question.
i want to create generic jobs for each module and maintain history how can i achive this