Oracle NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS setting in Datastage 8.5

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

coface
Premium Member
Premium Member

Oracle NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS setting in Datastage 8.5

Post by coface »

I have a Datastage 8.5 Server that needs to communicate with an Oracle database. If I want to retrieve a decimal value in a query, Datastage set a dot or a comma behind it.

the equivalent setting in the Database is NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS=,. that i can set in the enviroment settings. The orchdbutil not interested on this setting and I get on startup of the tool always the wrong NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS=., displayed.

How i can convince Datastage to set NLS_NUMERIC_CHARACTERS=,. for the session?

Change the Setting in the Job is no option, to many Jobs!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Will it hurt to set it for all jobs? If not, then add that environment variable to your dsenv file.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Or set it for just that project by creating a user-defined Environment Variable using the Administrator client.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Or that. :wink:
-craig

coface
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by coface »

thanks, but my problem is: the setting in the dsenv file or in the user-defined enviroment has no effect to the orchdbutil tool.

the tool always shows the wrong setting on startup. The setting seems to be ignored.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Thought we were talking about a problem with your jobs rather than a specific tool. If you have it set in your dsenv file and source it before running the utility - that or set it explicitly in your user's environment - and it doesn't affect the behaviour of orchdbutil, then perhaps you should contact your official support provider. Could be a bug in your version, could be it requires a different approach or setting.
-craig