Combine Record Stage data issue

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prem84
Premium Member
Premium Member

Combine Record Stage data issue

Post by prem84 »

Hi ,
I used combine records stage in datastage my meta data in the input dataset is name varchar2(100),marks integer(10).My output dataset metadata is comb char(1000).when I use combine record stage (key is name)I get 3 rows output from the link. My input data is

x1,100
x1,90
x,390
x4,50

but when I view the output dataset I just see () braces with no value.Kindly advice.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try using Runtime Column Propagation and look at what DataStage produces. You should be seeing records containing subrecords made up of the input records (which explains the braces). You have to be particularly careful of nullable fields.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prem84
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prem84 »

Thanks Ray, I enabled run time column propagation and it worked fine. But in my production environment it would be disabled. Is there any other way to solve this issue?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do it again with RCP enabled and with OSH_PRINT_SCHEMAS enabled. Import the schema into the job design.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.