Copy Stage is it needed

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Brett
Participant

Copy Stage is it needed

Post by Brett »

In a job I can take a sequential flat file and connect it straight to a DB load stage or it has been suggested I can/should place a copy stage between them. Is there any benefit to this ? . Both methods work and the straight connection seems fine ?

Asking out of interest

Thanks Brett.
Brett
Participant

Post by Brett »

Thanks for the feedback - i was just curious.

Sorry for the post to the wrong forum as well :)

Brett.
Bicchu
Participant

Post by Bicchu »

Moreover using a copy stage between a sequential file stage and a db2 target stage helps in the job performance. As some times reading speed of sequential file stage and writing speed of db2 stage is not same and in such a scenario copy stage acts as a buffer. This helps in job performance if we are dealing with millions of data.

Pratik.
Thanks,
Pratik.
Bicchu
Participant

Post by Bicchu »

Moreover using a copy stage between a sequential file stage and a db2 target stage helps in the job performance. As some times reading speed of sequential file stage and writing speed of db2 stage is not same and in such a scenario copy stage acts as a buffer. This helps in job performance if we are dealing with millions of data.

Pratik.
Thanks,
Pratik.