Need to eliminate warning on timestamp

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srinivas.nettalam
Participant

Need to eliminate warning on timestamp

Post by srinivas.nettalam »

I am using a column EFF_DT timestamp ,microseconds length 27, and scale 7.In SQL Server it is defined as DATETIME2(7).When i ran the job i found the warning below and we should not have a single warning in our jobs as per rules.Please suggest a solution to eliminate this

"Schema reconciliation detected a size mismatch for column EFF_DT. When reading database column DATETIME(fraction=7) into column DATETIME(fraction=6), truncation, loss of precision or data corruption can occur."

I checked the General Post by Ray on ODBC connector stage but didnot suggest to comeout of the warning it only says fatal error can be converted to warning but how to eliminate this???
N.Srinivas
India.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can change from fatal to warning in the Connector stage itself, for size mismatch and data type mismatch. They are two separate properties.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
srinivas.nettalam
Participant

ray.wurlod wrote:You can change from fatal to warning in the Connector stage itself, for size mismatch and data type mismatch. They are two separate properties. ...
The problem is we should not have warnings in the jobs.I understand in this situation I must use enterprise stage.
N.Srinivas
India.
chandra.shekhar@tcs.com
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by chandra.shekhar@tcs.com »

I also found the same warnings while using connector stage. The solution which I applied was- In director I added a message handler and demoted those warnings to info.
Thanx and Regards,
ETL User
srinivas.nettalam
Participant

We cannot handle that warning since we will need to handle on test and production environments which is not accepted by our architects. Hence use Enterprise stage.
N.Srinivas
India.