Unable to see ODBC Connector Properties page

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Unable to see ODBC Connector Properties page

Post by vivekgadwal »

All,

A strange problem started quite recently in our shop. We extensively use ODBC Connector stage to do our unloads. The "properties" page - which has the SQL and all the important properties - suddenly disappeared in my system, whereas others were able to open it up. This was 10 days ago. Then slowly, one by one, every one started experiencing this problem and now except for one, everybody has this issue.

There was nothing that changed in our Workstations as well as on the Server. This problem is irrespective of the environment (Prod, Test, Development). I re-installed it and it briefly (for one day) worked, but again disappeared.

Any thoughts into resolving this issue are greatly appreciated!! If any additional information is needed, I can provide that.

Thanks.
Vivek Gadwal

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you click in the "blank" area of the Connector stage, does the row of the grid on which you clicked become visible? Can you then click elsewhere to have other rows become visible? And are you connecting through some kind of tunnelling protocol, such as Citrix MetaFrame?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

Thank you for your response Ray.

The problem is that the entire properties page is not present when we open the stage. We do not use any Citrix based environment to connect. Our connections are direct from our workstation to the server.

However, this issue was diagnosed to be a problem with a "dll". We recently upgraded our Quality Center (Defect tracking tool) tool which created a certain dll file to be created, which unfortunately is also used by DataStage (it uses a much older version). IBM provided us a patch for it and now, all is well.
Vivek Gadwal

sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

Can you reference the patch from IBM, I am now experiencing the issue.

Thanks
sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

Can you reference the patch from IBM, I am now experiencing the issue.

Thanks
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

I am sorry, reference the patch?

I think they sent us this patch in an e-mail. Let me find out the PMR of this and see if they posted it. Before anything, did you have QualityCenter upgraded in your system? Search for "exgrid.dll" in your workstation and see the versions. DS uses 2.0.0.8 and HP uses 3.0.0.9 or something...
Vivek Gadwal

sjfearnside
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sjfearnside »

Sorry for the lack of clarity. I am on a conference call and trying to do this at the same time and I am not doing it very well. :oops:

Yes, please provide a reference for the patch so I can reference it when I talk to IBM support, such as a module name and/or PMR#.... :D
vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

No problem. That is what I thought. I contacted the person who opened up the PMR for me (unfortunately, I cannot do that at this point of time) and he is unavailable...he is not responding and not at his desk either. So, until then please search for that dll that I mentioned in my previous post and see if you find multiple versions.
Vivek Gadwal

vivekgadwal
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by vivekgadwal »

I do not have PMR #, but I have the following info for the patch
PATCH FOR APAR : JR34751
PATCH NAME : patch_JR34751_client_windows_8010-8101
COMPONENT : Common Connector Framework
LAYER : Client
OPERATING SYSTEM : Windows