DataStage Hangs when Trying to Import From Lotus Notes

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

MarkB
Premium Member
Premium Member

DataStage Hangs when Trying to Import From Lotus Notes

Post by MarkB »

From searching the forums, I see that connecting to Lotus Notes is a pain. I am in a Windows environment and have the current NotesSQL (8.5) driver installed. I created a test ODBC system DSN to a local Lotus nsf file. Using the example program provided by IBM (in the ODBCDrivers/Example directory), I can connect to the DSN with no issue. However, when I try to import metadata in the Designer, DataStage just hangs and stops responding.

Has anyone here connected to Lotus Notes 8.5 using the 8.5 NotesSQL ODBC driver and DataStage? If so, anything special that you needed to do (like edit the notes.ini file, etc). Any help would be appreciated.
vitumati
Participant

Re: DataStage Hangs when Trying to Import From Lotus Notes

Post by vitumati »

Hi Mark,
Did solve Lotus notes problem? Now I'm also working same Lotus noted is my source can u plz help me.
Abhinav
MarkB
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MarkB »

Unfortunately no ... a case has been opened with IBM and the engineers are looking at it.
vitumati
Participant

Lotus notes problem.

Post by vitumati »

Hi Mark,

Now I'm working Lotus notes migration project.can you please explain me couple of questions.

1)Lotus files are .nsf files rite.To read those file what is the sour stage you used?

2)Did used any ODBC drivers?

3)If you followed any process.please can you explain its helps me alot
Last edited by vitumati on Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Abhinav
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please be a little more careful with your English.

Who is "Yar"?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
MarkB
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by MarkB »

Well, it's been awhile ... we've had 'fun' working with IBM Support to try and solve this. We could actually run a sample OSH file at the command line and connect to a Lotus Notes file, but not through the GUI.

Finally, we are now able to import metadata from a Lotus Notes 'database' (i.e. a .nsf file) and read from it. Besides the DataStage service, the dsrpc service must be set to "Allow service to interact with Desktop". Once the change was made and the server rebooted, we were able to connect.

I can read from a Lotus Notes database in a parallel job, but get multiple ODBC-related errors if I try to write to a Lotus Notes database in a parallel job. I've tried with both the ODBC connector and with the ODBC Enterprise stage. However, in a Server job, I can write to a Lotus Notes database without warning or error. Go figure.

In any event, if anyone else is 'fortunate' enough to have to use DataStage against Lotus Notes, hope this has been of help.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Yikes... I had to many many (many) years ago but had to give up on getting it to work. From what little I recall, we switched over to having Notes deliver the data to an Oracle table using NotesPump and we then sourced from there. Thankfully, it was a one-way street and I never had a need to try to send anything back. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers