Lookup stage warning

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Ragunathan Gunasekaran
Participant

Lookup stage warning

Post by Ragunathan Gunasekaran »

Hi ,

The Lookup stage in my design has one stream, one reference and a o/p link.

The stream link contains the following columns Account Number(Not Null) Balance(Nullable) Eff date(Nullable) and End date(Nullable)

The reference link contains Account Number (Not Null), Payment Date(Null). Both Account Number and Payment Date columns are set as Keys in the reference link. The Key Type for Account Number is set to equality and the key type for Payment date is set to Range.( Payment Date between Eff Date and End Date)

The o/p link contains Account Number ( Not Null), Payment Date ( Nullable), Balance (Nullable).

I am getting a warning as below... All the columns apart from Account Number are set as Nullable in stream, Reference as well as in the output link.
Lkp_PaymentDate: When checking operator: When binding input interface field "Payment_Date" to field "Payment_Date": Converting a nullable source to a non-nullable result;
Any clues please..?
Regards
Ragu
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Check.

In particular double check that Payment_Date is nullable on the output link of the Lookup stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Ragunathan Gunasekaran
Participant

Post by Ragunathan Gunasekaran »

I have checked for all the Nulls from the prior stages and made all the stream columns to be Non nullable and output columns as non nullable. This solved the warning.
Regards
Ragu
soumya5891
Participant

Post by soumya5891 »

Make the nullability of the key column in both main link and reference same
Soumya
srinivas.nettalam
Participant

Post by srinivas.nettalam »

It is always good to use null(yes) for output columns in lookup stage so that you can capture NULL for non matched records otherwise you might endup seeing '*******' for date columns and empty string returns for varchar fields and 0 for numeric fileds
N.Srinivas
India.