Different Delimiter In one record

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

praburaj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Different Delimiter In one record

Post by praburaj »

Hi,

I have received different source file. In my source file has 6 columns. The records are in source file has different delimiter in all the columns. The records are like I mentioned below.

column1 column2 column3 column4 column5 column6
1001 |Josh,US*Toys 2011

For one record is having different delimiter. How can I view this file from sequential file stage and I don't know how to set the delimiter for this file.

Please guide me what kind of options I have to set in the sequential file to view the data.

How to achieve this problem.
prabakaran.v
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Have the Sequential File stage read the file with each line being a single VarChar field, then parse that in a downstream Transformer stage.

(This is actually more efficient, as the parsing occurs in parallel rather than in sequential mode.)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
praburaj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by praburaj »

ray.wurlod wrote:Have the Sequential File stage read the file with each line being a single VarChar field, then parse that in a downstream Transformer stage.

(This is actually more efficient, as the parsing occurs ...
Thanks for your reply ray. But what delimiter I have to put in the Delimiter section in sequential file stage?
prabakaran.v
mac4rfree85
Participant

Post by mac4rfree85 »

why dont you concantante the columns with the required delimiter in the transformer itself..
Mac4rfree
rohithmuthyala
Participant

Post by rohithmuthyala »

What Ray is suggesting is that to read the whole row as a single column defined as a varchar datatype..!
So here it doesn't matter what delimiter one specifies.
Rohith
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Field delimiter should be none.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
praburaj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by praburaj »

Thanks to everyone. I loaded the data successfully in my target table.

Thanks Once Again. :D
prabakaran.v