Loading attachments via DataStage to SQL Server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dganeshm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Loading attachments via DataStage to SQL Server

Post by dganeshm »

Hi,

I have a requirement to load attachments like MS Word , Excels or emails to SQL Server. Anybody have any advice on how to do it.
Regards,
Ganesh
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You will need to use Microsoft facilities. There is no mechanism in DataStage for this task.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

You can read excel (with some limitations like - no macros ) using a java api . Register the .so in the unx box.

Regards
Sreeni
dganeshm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dganeshm »

Sreenivasulu wrote:You can read excel (with some limitations like - no macros ) using a java api . Register the .so in the unx box.

Regards
Sreeni
Hi Sreeni,

Can you point me towards some Java API.

Regards,
Ganesh
Regards,
Ganesh
PhilHibbs
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PhilHibbs »

ray.wurlod wrote:You will need to use Microsoft facilities. There is no mechanism in DataStage for this task. ...
The closest you could get is to use DataStage to write out the contents of a script that calls a Microsoft command line utility to load the BLOB record - not sure if BCP would be the tool for that - and run this generated script as an After Job thingy. That would only work on a Microsoft Windows DataStage server though, I don't think there is a port of BCP for Unix.

Maybe the DS server script could telnet onto the Windows box and run BCP that way...
Phil Hibbs | Capgemini
Technical Consultant