Simple question about copy stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Jag
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Jag »

I've got a simple job i am creating and it involves conversion of a Numeric(14,0) to an Integer(10). Can i make this implicit conversion in a copy stage? I am working with whole number values with six digits. My job is running correctly but I am trying to understand if the copy stage can convert implicitly without using a function. If i dont end up using the copy stage i will be using the modify stage or a transformer stage, but i figured the copy stage would use the least system resources to process.

Thanks in advance and forgive my ignorance!
ajay.vaidyanathan
Participant

Post by ajay.vaidyanathan »

Hi Jag,

You cannot achieve this using a Copy Stage because down the line it will create issues.
Regards
Ajay
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can achieve any implicit conversion with any stage type that supports input and output links.

Note, however, that Numeric(14,0) does not implicitly convert to int32. Either use int64 on the output or Numeric (9,0) on the input.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
soumya5891
Participant

Post by soumya5891 »

You can use a modify stage with the following function

int64_from_decimal
Soumya