DAtastage job not running

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

adi_2_chaos
Participant

DAtastage job not running

Post by adi_2_chaos »

Hi All,

I created a DS job with one transformer stage and 18 standardize stages (all in parallel). The job got compiled successfully, but when I click on Run, it doesnt run. In fact, it doesn't even start the log in the Director, and there are no osh processes created when I peek inside the Task manager.

I had run the same job previously too, that time it ran successfully. Also tried restarting the server, but to vain.

Can someone give some pointers where exactly I can start looking into?

Thanks & Regards,
Sriram Garikapati
Nagaraj
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Nagaraj »

Did you try to validate?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If you're on UNIX (as stated) Task Manager isn't going to help - you'd need ps -ef command, probably with grep. Add the environment variable that reports job startup to work out what's happening. Also purge old entries from the &PH& directory.

Think about changing your design so that all standardization passes are performed in one Standardize stage rather than seven.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.