Schedule jobs in Datastage instead of Control-M

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

maheshkumar.bm
Participant

Schedule jobs in Datastage instead of Control-M

Post by maheshkumar.bm »

Hi all ,

Requirment is to schedule the jobs in DataStage. Now they are using Control-M tool for scheduling but Control-M license has expired so now I should schedule those jobs through DataStage .

I am not trained on control-M tool. Can any one explain to me how to do this?

Thanks in advance.
mahesh kumar B.M.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

In DataStage Director client choose Schedule View. On the toolbar there are Add To Schedule and Reschedule tools. You can right-click any job and remove it from the schedule.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
maheshkumar.bm
Participant

Post by maheshkumar.bm »

That means no need to enter in to the control-m, from the director only we can remove previous schedule and create new schedule for the jobs.
and through director i can not abale to schedule a job in next month, i.e. in director scheduler view shows only current month. how can i schedule a one job at after 3 months.
mahesh kumar B.M.
maheshkumar.bm
Participant

Post by maheshkumar.bm »

Hi Ray ,
My job will run once at every two months ,how can we schedule like this for our job.
mahesh kumar B.M.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

maheshkumar.bm wrote:how can i schedule a one job at after 3 months.
I don't have any DataStage access but you certainly can schedule as far out in advance as you'd like. It only shows you "one month" for things like the "Every" scheduling option where you say "Every 3rd of the month", but if you select the others you should be able to pick whatever dates you'd like.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

maheshkumar.bm wrote:My job will run once at every two months ,how can we schedule like this for our job.
You'll need to 'Add to Schedule' once for each explicit date, so six times to cover a full year.
-craig

maheshkumar.bm
Participant

Post by maheshkumar.bm »

Hi chulett ,

in the schedular options like today ,tommorow , every ,next and daily...
when u select every means it will run every selected dates or days conyinuesly, but i want to skip one month between one month.
for example my job run at 1st april 2011 next that same job will run at 1st june 2011.how can i schedule like this.
and expline me about next with any example please .
mahesh kumar B.M.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You can read about Job Scheduling in Chapter 2 of the Director Client Guide pdf, all of the options are explained there. Just re-read it myself and seems I was wrong about the date options, you'll only be able to do the 'every two months' thing one at a time just before it is time for it to run.
-craig