Error loading "orchodbc"

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mgendy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error loading "orchodbc"

Post by mgendy »

Dears,
i really have a serious problem since a bout 1 month , i searched a lot and a lot about it but don't found any solution , i tried to connect to sql server 2005 using Enterprise ODBC stage or Dynamic ODBC stage to read or write , but where running i got the follwoing

Error loading "orchodbc": Could not load "orchodbc": Symbol resolution failed for /Ascential/DataStage/PXEngine/lib/liborchodbcaix3.so because:
> Symbol __dl__FPv (number 230) is not exported from dependent
> module /usr/odbc/lib/libodbc.a(odbc.so).
>Could not load module .
>System error: Exec format error
>Examine .loader section symbols with the 'dump -Tv' command..
>##E TOSH 000000 13:23:13(013) <main_program> Could not locate operator definition, wrapper, or Unix command for "odbcread"; please check that all needed libraries are preloaded, and check the PATH for the wrappers
>##E TCOS 000029 13:23:13(014) <main_program> Creation of a step finished with status = FAILED.

kindly i need your help as i contacted IBM , and they ask me to upgrade to odbc driver version 5.3 , i tried the patch on development environment but still have the same errors

Regards,
Gendy
Mohmmed Elgendy
Senior System Analyst
Data IntegrationTeam
Etisalat Egypt
+20 1118511161