VALUES ARE NOT UPDATING IN ORALCE

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sdasavi
Premium Member
Premium Member

VALUES ARE NOT UPDATING IN ORALCE

Post by sdasavi »

Hi,

My job design is, two sequencial files (source). Target is oracle database. In between i added the change capture stage to record changes. The output is given to filter stage, by using change_code in filter three outputs are given to three modify stages (update, insert, delete). All the three are stored to oracle database by using odbc connector. Whole process is done through run time propagation.

My problem is I am getting insert data to oracle, but the problem is with delete,update stages.

For update I am using this statement in ODBC connector

UPDATE
source1
SET
col2 = ORCHESTRATE.col2 , col3 = ORCHESTRATE.col3 , col4 = ORCHESTRATE.col4 , col5 = ORCHESTRATE.col5 where (col1= ORCHESTRATE.col1);

And for delete,

DELETE from source1 where (col1=ORCHESTRATE.col1);

The job is running with out errors and warnings. The pipeline indicator is showing that the rows are going into oracle. But they are not updateing in the database.
Can anyone please solve this problem.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Is col1 marked as Key?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.