How to Achive bellow logic in datastage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

aladap12
Participant

How to Achive bellow logic in datastage

Post by aladap12 »

have my Input data like

ID NUM CODE

1 5 SAM1
1 5 SAM2
1 5 SAM3
1 4 SAM4
2 7 REC1
2 7 REC2
2 7 REC3
12 8 REC1
13 9 REC2
17 10 REC22
17 10 RECDDD
20 56 ACD

In the output i need to display data like

ID CODE
1 5| SAM1| SAM2|SAM3
1 4|SAM4
2 7|REC1|REC2|REC3
12 8|REC1
13 9|REC2
17 10|REC22|RECDD
20 56|ACD
kaps
Participant

Post by kaps »

Use Transformer and Remove duplicate stage. In Transformer, have stage variables to store previous values for code and key values. sort the input.
Whenever keys are same keep appending to the stage variable. In remove dupliate stage get the last record from the group.
greggknight
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by greggknight »

Try this stage

PxCombineRecords Stage

Combine records with identical keys into single record
Data restructuring stage for Parallel Extender jobs, which combines rows in which particular key column's values are identical into vectors of subrecords.

Or
If you are using 8.5 use the new functionality (looping) with the functions lastrowingroup and so on.
"Don't let the bull between you and the fence"

Thanks
Gregg J Knight

"Never Never Never Quit"
Winston Churchill
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Search DSXchange for "vertical pivot" for that is precisely what you are seeking to accomplish.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Rob4732
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Rob4732 »

I have used Kaps recommendation in this thread(using staging vars and then remove dupes). I noticed a reference in this thread to using the loop construct in a transformer stage in 8.5. Everything I have read so far indicates the xfm loop allows one to split a single row into many or add an aggregate value to each row. I don't see a reference to combining multiple rows into 1. I will do some more research, any suggestions appreciated tough.

Thanks

Robert
We don't see things as they are;
We see them as we are.
Rob4732
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Rob4732 »

I just noticed in Greg Knights post, he also mentions using the funciton lastrowingroup to achieve a vertical pivot. My bad. Bad Robert
We don't see things as they are;
We see them as we are.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Maybe simply the fact that the data are all upper case means that "bellow logic" has already been achieved!
:lol:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.