Need you help on me using Dataset stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

hailun
Participant

Need you help on me using Dataset stage

Post by hailun »

Hi,

Currently the server version I'm am using is 7.5.1.A to oad data from tables to a data set file using Dataset stage. Is there any way to let the data set file have two exactly same columns(column types,column names .etc) by updating dataset stage?

Thanks
Let's Progress Together....
priyadharsini
Participant

Post by priyadharsini »

Dataset doesn't allow to have 2 columns with same name. Please be clear, are you going to have same value on two columns?
hailun
Participant

Post by hailun »

Hi Buddy,

Thanks for telling me it does not allow 2 columns with same name. I wanted it have two columns with same name and same value.

Thanks again man :)
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

DataStage is only following database rules - you can't have two columns with the same name in the one table, or two tables with the same name in the one schema, etc.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
hailun
Participant

Post by hailun »

Hi Ray,

Thank you for input, I am able to tell me that Datastage does not allow two columns with same name in a table or dataset :)

And so I am marking the topic close now.