Ruleset error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

abas
Participant

Ruleset error

Post by abas »

I try to "test" my ruleset but when I click the test button there was an error " An error occurred when executing the operation. Object reference not set to an instance of an object". Then when I try to click the Ok or Cancel button my computer was "hang".

:(
Regards

abas
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

"Ruleset"? Where exactly are you doing this? Should this perhaps be over in the QualityStage forum? :?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It might also be Information Analyzer. in which Rule Sets exist but they're totally different from those of QualityStage.

Therefore please identify which product's "Rule Set" you're talking about. It would waste our time to guess wrongly.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
abas
Participant

Post by abas »

Sorry. :)

These rule set is in Websphere Datastage Designer.
Regards

abas
rjdickson
Participant

Post by rjdickson »

abas wrote:Sorry. :)

These rule set is in Websphere Datastage Designer.
Does this happen with EVERY Rule Set, or just a particular one?

Do you get the same message if, after you receive the error message, you immediately exit the Designer, restart the Designer, and try again?

Do you have write access to C:\IBM\InformationServer\Clients\Classic\QS_TEMP on your CLIENT (not server) machine?
Regards,
Robert
abas
Participant

Post by abas »

I have tried to exit and restart the websphere datastage designer for several time and the error solved by itself. I don't know how it could be happen.

I can access "C:\IBM\InformationServer\Clients\Classic\QS_TEMP" and create folder in Client Computer.
Regards

abas
dsexplorer
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by dsexplorer »

abas wrote:I have tried to exit and restart the websphere datastage designer for several time and the error solved by itself. I don't know how it could be happen.

I can access "C:\IBM\InformationServer\Clients\Classic\QS_TEMP" and create folder in Client Computer.
What is the resolution? I'm encountering the same problem.

Thanks in advance,
Ozgur
Regards
DSExplorer
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Exactly the same version, same platform, same operating system? If not, please start a new thread.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.