SESSIONS_PER_USER error

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

pratapsriram
Premium Member
Premium Member

SESSIONS_PER_USER error

Post by pratapsriram »

Hello,

I am getting the below error in Production. Can you help me understand where to look for this parameter? Has anyone come across this type of error?
The job is simply loading incremental data from source to staging using change data capture. This is a repeated error every week but is not limited to only one job. It happens very randomly in a sequence of 20 staging tables.
The admin says the user id has 35 sessions limit available. How to know how may sessions is DS establishing with a 2 node configuration?

TCLIENT_LOAD,0: ORA-02391: exceeded simultaneous SESSIONS_PER_USER limit
TCLIENT_LOAD,0: ORA-02391: exceeded simultaneous SESSIONS_PER_USER limit
TCLIENT_LOAD,0: APT_OraReadOperator: connect failed.

Thanks,
Sree
Knowledge is Power
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

35 isn't going to cut it, as you are seeing. I'm guessing it will need to be much higher, especially if your jobs all connect via the same user. And you set that on the Oracle side, not in DataStage.

At a high level - take the number of the Oracle stages from all currently running jobs and multiple each by the number of nodes that job is running on. Partitioned tables could increase the number, unsure of this point however.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers