FIELD function

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

agathaeleanor
Participant

FIELD function

Post by agathaeleanor »

I am aware of the function FIELD in transformer that

FIELD(Lnk_InLoad.COLUMN1,';',1) will return the first value store before semicolon.

However, I have a requirement which a column contained of multiple value separated by pipe. There is no fixed number of value will store within the column.

header col1","col2","col3","col4
eg. 001","GRH","DR|PH|JH|ST","2007

above sample data is delimiter with double-quote-comma-double-quote.
And the multiple value column is DR|PH|JH|ST

How do I achieve in such that i will need to separate one row of data into several rows depend on the number of value stored in the column (col3)

Thanks in advance for your help.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Can't you stop people providing you with such crappily structured files?

Field(InLink.TheString, "|", 1, 1) gives the first field from the delimited string, Field(InLink.TheString, "|", 2, 1) gives the second field, and so on. Parse into separate fields then Pivot.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
agathaeleanor
Participant

Post by agathaeleanor »

I've no choice but accepted the crappy file structure :(

My bad, i should search the forum on horizontal pivot... but my DS has no pivot license.

Am trying to look for a solution by using routine.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's no such thing as a Pivot license. Your DataStage does have a Pivot stage and may, indeed, have a PXPivot state too.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.