Parent in hierarchy

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

dssubhani
Participant

Parent in hierarchy

Post by dssubhani »

hi,
i have parent in hierarchy having 2 childs.....this chain continues upto 25 th level..one company is on 9 th level,8th level is parent of 9th,7th to 8th....like....1st to 2nd...........now how can i track the records?what is the logic used in stage?

thanks in advance..........waiting for reply...........

subhani
subhani
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Server job (as posted) or parallel job (as marked)? Are you seeking to construct this hierarchy or to read from it?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dssubhani
Participant

thnks

Post by dssubhani »

just read from it?how?
subhani
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Using what kind of job? This is important - it's done in different way in different job types.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
dssubhani
Participant

PARALLEL JON

Post by dssubhani »

ray.wurlod wrote:Using what kind of job? This is important - it's done in different way in different job types. ...
....IN PARALLEL JOB
subhani
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If your source is a database table, you can use a recursive SELECT statement. Some database servers have specific syntax for this, in others you may need to script it.

There's nothing within parallel job stage types for undertaking this kind of query, unless you'd like to string together 24 Join stages all referring to the same table.