Conbine Records Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mjmtabor
Participant

Conbine Records Stage

Post by mjmtabor »

When I go to run a job with the Conbine Records Restructure process, I get the following error message

main_program: Fatal Error: Attempt to drop schema variable: "Attendee.rec"; this may be due to dropping a subrec which contains a schema variable; this operation is not currently supported; to work around this limitation, insert a copy operator between the modify and the upstream operator.

Where the Attendee.rec is the Subrecord Output Column.

Any ideas on how to fix this issue?

Thanks
mike
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Start by enabling RCP and allowing DataStage to generate the schema on the output of the Combine Records stage. Then take a look at that schema.

Not sure what your upstream stage is - look in the score to determine whether it is using consecutive modify operators - if so, do as the message suggests - place a Copy stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
chowdhury99
Participant

Re: Conbine Records Stage

Post by chowdhury99 »

I think solution is in your warning:

"insert a copy operator between the modify and the upstream operator"

Thanks.
mjmtabor
Participant

Post by mjmtabor »

Ray, thanks for your time. your suggestion to turn on the RCP for the project worked. Our default is not to have it on. After getting the process to run, I'm not getting my expected result. I used a Peek to verify how the dataset looked. I have two key fields and one field I need to combine for many records. Basically, combining names who attended an event differentiate by internal or external to the company. In peek, I'm only seeing one name on the record where I expect to see multiple names. All key field matches seem to be dropping instead of combining. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.