Record and Final Delimiter String

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Harini
Premium Member
Premium Member

Record and Final Delimiter String

Post by Harini »

Hello All,

I am trying to find the right usage of string as Record and Final Delimiter.

Here is my input:

Name,Country
Jane,US
Rick,Europe
Tenny,India
John,UK

I do not have problems in reading it. I am trying to use different delimiters while writting it. How do i specify that i want 'ABC' as Final delimiter.

Final Delimiter String = "ABC" ,Record Delimiter= end gives the output like this,

ABCk,Europe
ABCny,India
ABCn,UK
ABCe,US

So, please let me know the correct way of specifying strings in the final, record delimiter string property in sequential stage.

Thanks.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You need Final Delimiter String property, not Final Delimiter, which is for a single character delimiter that might occur between the final column in the record and the record terminator.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Harini
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Harini »

Yes, correct. I have used 'Final Delimiter String' proerty only, and it doesn't seem to write 'ABC' in the end. Tried giving ABC in single, double, and without quotes and it doesnt get added in the end of the last field.

Any ideas on this?

Thanks.