Teradata connector Sync timeout of 20 seconds

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vasam
Participant

Teradata connector Sync timeout of 20 seconds

Post by vasam »

Hi all,

I am Teradata connector stage to extract , my volume of data around 15,00,000 it is extracting fine up to 14,00,000 . after that i getting below error
Sync timeout of 20 seconds expired while waiting for the other instances to reach state 11 (CC_TeraAdapter::waitForState, file CC_TeraAdapter.cpp, line 5,816)

could you please tell what does mean of Sync timeout? Default i have given sync timeout value 1800, Even after increase 2000 also i m getting same issue..
vijayakumargoud
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

If you are already into your extraction process, I'd tap your Teradata DBA on the shoulder to ask him why it would pause 3/4 of the way through the process.

Are you using the "Bulk" option on the stage?
fridge
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by fridge »

I believe this is down to assess of the sync table (presuming syncronisation is on in the connector stage)

My understanding is there is a table (specified by TPT_TERASYNC env variable) which is used by datastage to co-ordainate and check point Teradata connector processes.

As teradata queues access to tables this can be caused by a 'busy' database with lots of jobs all accessing the table

I believe there was a bug in the early versions of DataStage where the table was created with a duff Key so the access to the TPT_TERASYNC table did table scans

One thing that may work is having different tables for different jobs (e.g. TPT_TERASYNC has job specific values) as this should mitagate the database contention. Havent actually tried this so may be worth seeing what other say (before I break your system)