Job Session ID

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sachinag
Participant

Job Session ID

Post by sachinag »

Hi,

I want to populate Job Session ID (Datastage tool session id for that job) in my Datastage Job.This session id value i have to pass a column value to my job which will further loaded to table.

Please provide me some solution on this.

Regards,
Sachin Gupta
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There isn't one.

You have to derive it by whatever mechanism you prefer.

All DataStage job runs are independent of each other and therefore do not require any Session ID.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
sachinag
Participant

Post by sachinag »

Hi,
Thanks for your reply,

I want to capture the instance ID that datastage engine creates to run any datastage job such as PID number in Unix.

Regards,
Sachin Gupta
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

A DataStage job can generate many process IDs. For example a ten stage job running on four nodes may generate 45 processes. Which one do you want?
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

As Ray mentioned datastage generates multiple unix process ids in a parallel enviroment. If you want a unique identification number for a process then you can use the 'job start timestamp' as a unique number.

Regards
Sreeni
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Maybe. Unless you manage to start two at the same second. Granularity of job start timestamp is only whole seconds.