Shared Container

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

halpavan2
Participant

Shared Container

Post by halpavan2 »

Hello All,

I have Parallel shared container for surrogatekey generation, this container was used in so many jobs.

My requirment was now i need to modify small change in Shared container.If a modify then how can i incorporate this change in all the jobs that is using this conatiners.

Please suggest me if it is possible or not.

Thanks in Advance.
pavan
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Recompile them.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
halpavan2
Participant

Post by halpavan2 »

Hello Chulett,

Thanks for the reply,

As i am working on the shared conatiners for the first time.Can you please elobrate your suggestion. I didn't catch your point.

The change which i want to do was i need to add extra transfomer stage to capture the message handling. After doing this change if i recompile then it will be incorportaed in all the jobs? I have seen i didn't have an option of compiling the shared container.

Sorry to trouble please suggest me.

Thanks again.
pavan
halpavan2
Participant

Post by halpavan2 »

Hi Chulett,

I got your point. But i have almost 50+ jobs using this container in Live. Then i need Recomiple all those jobs manually. Already these jobs are running in Live. Please suggest me how can i corporate in a simple way.

Sorry to trouble.

Thanks
pavan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You don't have to compile the jobs manually. Use the multi job compile utility. This can be applied to the result of a Where Used analysis applied to the shared container.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
veerabusani185512
Participant

Compile all the jobs

Post by veerabusani185512 »

For any change in shared container execpt addtion of parameters...we have to compile all the jobs which are using that shared container to get that change