Not able to read sequential file in multinode option

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Shailendra_dstage
Participant

Not able to read sequential file in multinode option

Post by Shailendra_dstage »

Hi,

I am not able to read sequential file (fixed with). it is giving following error-

Cannot use multinode: The file length (181286) is not a multiple of the record length (364).

where as if i choose "Read from multiple node" as NO..i can view the data from the file form seq file stage but the data content are not appearing as metadata defined.

Can anyone help that if i need to take care of any of the file format properties.

ThankQ!
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Are you certain it is fixed-length? Doesn't sound like one if you can't divide the total byte size by the record count and get an even number.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Shailendra_dstage
Participant

Post by Shailendra_dstage »

chulett wrote:Are you certain it is fixed-length? Doesn't sound like one if you can't divide the total byte size by the record count and get an even number.
Thanks craig for giving me the hint..i divided the total byte size with no. of records in the file and found that i was missing 2 bytes to add in metadata...i added feild in the metadata of lenght 2 and it worked:)

Thanks Again!

Hv gr8 day!