Dataset comparision from Oracle and Teradata

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Dataset comparision from Oracle and Teradata

Post by prasson_ibm »

Hi All,
I have dataset generating using Oracle and Teradata.
One job has source as Oracle and other has source as Teradata.
I need to compare two datasets generating from these two jobs.Is there any way i can compare datasets.

Thanks
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Difference stage, Compare stage, Change Capture stage?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
prasson_ibm
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by prasson_ibm »

Hi Ray,

Thanks for your suggestion,but i have multiple jobs creating these datasets,so i cant prepare a job to compare using difference stage,compare stage or change capture and meteadata for all these jobs are not same.Is there any way i can check the file differce (.ds) on unix/Aix server.

Thanks
wernerg_at
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by wernerg_at »

you may create a dataset dump using the orchadmin command and do a dump-comparison on operating system level using diff or sdiff.

BR

Werner
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Note that the *.ds files will always differ from each other. Comparing those is pointless. Werner's approach will get you what you seek, or very close to it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
asyed
Participant

Post by asyed »

ray.wurlod wrote:Note that the *.ds files will always differ from each other. Comparing those is pointless. Werner's approach will get you what you seek, or very close to it. ...
Hi Ray,

Can we have a job with run time column propagation enabled, with generic toolbox having orchestrate code for changecapture etc.

we can try to pass keys/values as arguments to the orchestrate command in generic toolbox.

Thanks,
Asif
prashanth.spl
Participant

Post by prashanth.spl »

Asif,

You can use the Compare stage to do the comparison between 2 different source by using RCP. We have done this to compare Oracle and teradata.