SCD stage - Type 1 runs, Type2 aborts

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Rob4732
Premium Member
Premium Member

SCD stage - Type 1 runs, Type2 aborts

Post by Rob4732 »

Hello Everyone,

I created an scd job for an Oracle dimension table. When the job is set up as a type 1 scd, everything runs great. When I change it to a type 2 scd, the job aborts with the following message:

scd_dw_dim,0: Fatal Error: Updatable lookup requires sorted keys.

Both of my inputs are hashed and sorted on my lookup key.

Not sure what an 'Updatable lookup' is. My lookup stage is an Oracle connector stage.

I have seen postings on DSX for this fatal message, but in regards to a range lookup. My lookup key is a single decimal column. I am using the current indicator purpose code to define my current dim record(vs. a date).

Probably a simple setting I am missing somewhere.

Any help is appreciate.

Thanks

Robert
We don't see things as they are;
We see them as we are.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Updatable lookup is the dimension output from the SCD stage.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Rob4732
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Rob4732 »

Good to know what 'Updatable lookup' refers to. thx

Found the issue. Even though I explicitly defined the sorts on my input links, DS wanted to do it's own internal sort in the scd stage. We had the environment variable($APT_NO_SORT_INSERTION) set to 'True', not allowing DS to insert sorts(thus the output file was not getting sorted data). Setting this to false, allowed the job to run.

I will take a look at the score to see how it differs in these 2 scenarios.

Thx

Robert
We don't see things as they are;
We see them as we are.