Error when trying to read from Oracle Enterprise Stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jweir
Participant

Error when trying to read from Oracle Enterprise Stage

Post by jweir »

Hello,

I am getting errors when trying to read from an Oracle Enterprise Stage. In the Output Propeties tab, I have to parameterize the table schema, the user and password, and the remote server. However, when I do paramterize these, I get errors saying it could not identify the schema, invalid logon, etc.

It seems to not be recognizing the parameters, as if there were no value in the parameter.

When I hardcode everything, it works. But even when I try to parameterize one of the values, it fails. Any suggestions?

Also, I have tried putting single quotes around the User parameter, and everything else hardcoded, and it still failed.

Thanks in advance.
Jweir

--- If strength were all, tiger would not fear scorpion.
vinothkumar
Participant

Post by vinothkumar »

Is this appearing to you alone or everyone in your team
jweir
Participant

Post by jweir »

Everyone on my team has same problem.
Jweir

jweir
Participant

Post by jweir »

I might mention that these parameters are environment variables, so they have values of $PROJDEF in the parameter set.
Jweir

vinothkumar
Participant

Post by vinothkumar »

If they are mentioned as Environment variables the values are substituted at run time only. If you try to view data in designer then it will show error
jweir
Participant

Post by jweir »

I am not trying to view data in designer.

When I run the job, it aborts. And the director gives me the errors about not a valid table name, unable to logon, etc.
Jweir

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Please post the exact error message. If it has sharp signs (parameter references) in it, then the parameters are not being resolved correctly. Check that the references are correctly spelled and cased.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jweir
Participant

Post by jweir »

When I put all the parameters in the stage, this is the error I recieve:
scRetrieveAuditFields.ETL_JOBID_LIST: Incorrect dboption list; it failed on Expected value for property "user", got: ",", line 1
Expected value for property "password", got: "}", line 1.
Also, this Oraclt stage is inside a shared container, but I wouldn't think that is would affect it. But I could be wrong.

Also, I have checked with the parameter values, and they are correct.

As for the sharp signs, they are present when I enter them at the output properties tab.
Jweir

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Read the error message carefully - the problem reported there relates to the values being passed for user and password parts of the connection string.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jweir
Participant

Post by jweir »

scRetrieveAuditFields.ETL_JOBID_LIST: Incorrect dboption list; it failed on Expected value for property "user", got: ",", line 1
Expected value for property "password", got: "}", line 1.
The error message is saying that there are no values for user and password:
"user", got: ","
"password", got: "}",
That is saying the parameters are not passing anything, because the DB Options are:
{user=#USER_PARAMETER#,password=#PASSWORD_PARAM#}
Like I said, when I hardcoded the same values I have in the environment variables, it works. But when I parameterize one value, it fails.
Jweir

ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I though you said these are environment variables. Where are the "$" characters?
jweir
Participant

Post by jweir »

That was just an example. Here is actual:

Code: Select all

{user=#GetPROJDEFValues.$stg_ETLJOB_ora_USER#,password=#GetPROJDEFValues.$stg_ETLJOB_ora_PASS#}
Jweir

ajay.vaidyanathan
Participant

Error when trying to read from Oracle Enterpise Stage

Post by ajay.vaidyanathan »

Hi,
In your Oracle source stage are you giving the parameter values which are defined in the Parameter section?

{user=#GetPROJDEFValues.$stg_ETLJOB_ora_USER#,password=#GetPROJDEFValues.$stg_ETLJOB_ora_PASS#}

"GetPROJDEFValues.$stg_ETLJOB_ora_USER" is the correct parameter value or "$stg_ETLJOB_ora_USER" is the actual parameter value?
Regards
Ajay
jweir
Participant

Post by jweir »

Hello,

It was determined that there was something wrong the with shared container. I have it working now. We were missing some of the parameters in the shared container that were being used in the job, but not in the container itself. Does that matter that all the parameters that are being used in the job should be added to the container, even if they aren't being used?
Jweir

parimi123
Participant

Post by parimi123 »

You need to pass the environment variables like this
e.g. #$USER_ID#