Capture column names

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

srimitta
Premium Member
Premium Member

Capture column names

Post by srimitta »

Hi All,

While comparing two datasets along with identifying which row is changed how to Capture column names when a value changes in that particular column or columns.

This first time I have come-acrossed this kind of requirement, does any one have any idea on how to do this.

Thanks
srimitta
Quality is never an accident; it is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.
By William A.Foster
DSguru2B
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by DSguru2B »

I have implemented this in the past in which the requirement was to detect any change in any x number of columns. My method was to pivot the row into columns along with the column name. So my n column row would change into n rows with two columns. The first column is the column name and the second is the value. This way if any change is detected, the filtered row has the changed value and the column name.
Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.