failover design

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Etler21
Participant

failover design

Post by Etler21 »

Hello everyone,
We are planning to design Failover system for our 8.1 environment which is installed on single server.I am sure people might have done it long before so I need help from experts on "How to design failover system".Please share your experience,best practices,guidelines or anything which talks about Failover.

Thanks
Etler
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Version 8.5 includes the opportunity to set up the repository and services tiers for high availability; it might be worth your while to read about this on the IBM website.

Not really sure how you plan to do failover on a single server; failover, after all, typically happens when the server fails. Can you elaborate on what you are really trying to achieve and under what circumstances?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Etler21
Participant

Post by Etler21 »

Ray,We have just migrated our 7.5.1 environments to 8.1,Its not so soon when we are going for 8.5.

Right now I want to design my failover in such a way that Server A can be faiolver to the Server B when something goes wrong with ServerA.

A and B will be running in parallel,we have Veritas clustering software which can switch between A and B but i stil need information on how can i design server B and what all should be running there??